professionals and business people in Business Formation and Transition,
including Purchase and Sale, Associate Agreements, Partnership
Agreements, Shareholder Agreements, Incorporation, and Buy-Outs .
many corporations, limited liability companies, limited liability
partnerships, general partnerships and other business entities, and
drafted organizational documents incident thereto.
- Represented Employers in Employment Claims before the Unemployment Compensation Commission, CCHRO, and in Court relating to Discrimination and Wrongful Termination matters.
- Represented uninsured business owners successfully in Worker's Compensation Defense cases.
- Represented numerous professionals before Connecticut State Agencies and Governing Bodies in enforcement actions.
- Authored Several Business Employee Manuals, Technology Policies, E-Mail Policies, Disaster Recovery Plans.
- Lead counsel or sole counsel in over 90 commercial court trials with a minimum of two days for both plaintiffs and defendants.
- Skilled in interviewing witnesses, propounding interrogatories, and other discovery matters; took and defended hundreds of depositions, briefed interlocutory motions, prepared requested findings and conclusions in non-jury cases, and prepared and argued requested instructions in jury cases.
- Consulted with and prepared expert witnesses based on the definition of facts presented in particular cases.
- Prepared and filed and served mechanic’s liens, and argued and defended applications to discharge liens for contractors and owners.
- Prepared many successful applications for attachment, and argued and defended evidentiary probable cause hearings related thereto.
- Briefed and successfully argued cases before the Connecticut Appellate Courts.
- Extensive experience in foreclosure matters, including mortgages, judgment liens and mechanic’s liens.
- Represented bank clients at over one hundred foreclosure auctions.
- Lead counsel or sole counsel for injured plaintiffs in hundreds of cases, achieving settlement before trial.
- Lead counsel or sole counsel for the injured plaintiffs in at least numerous jury trials and/or arbitrations.
- Met deadlines for pretrial procedures, trials, and appellate briefings by effectively utilizing attorney associations and support staff.